Don't! Don't wait until you have kids out of school, enough time, enough money, enough anything to go on adventures. Adventures lurk inside the city, or just outside of it, and even a day, or an overnight, spent relishing the outdoors will make a difference in your week and in your outlook. We guarantee it!
A bike is a fabulous tool for adventuring. It will carry stuff. A lot of stuff. Waaaay more than you can carry on your back. If you don't want to use the car, a bicycle will greatly increase the options accessible to you from your back door. And if you do use a car (or train) a bike will carry you off the beaten path where you will find fresh air, the sound of birds, and ...solitude!
Some adventure bike options in a limitless field
Adventures come in all shapes and sizes, and so do adventure bikes. Although some options are available off-the-shelf, don't let that limit your imagination. We will happily work with you to order or even customize the perfect set-up for the types of riding you envision.
Kona Sutra LTD $2099
- Beautiful cromoly steel frame for on- and off-road adventures.
- Mountain biker's touring bike: you will not believe the size of these tires.
- Wide range 1 x 11 drivetrain for hassle-free, intuitive shifting in any conditions.
- Hydraulic disk brakes for secure stopping in any terrain and under load.
- Mounting options galore: ride it as-is, or load it up with gear.
- Rated one of 2017 Top 5 Adventure Bikes by Bikepacking.com
Breezer Doppler & Doppler Café $1099
- Smaller 650B wheels offer more strength for loaded touring.
- High-volume tires provide great traction, and make for a supple ride over any terrain.
- Classic design cromoly steel road bike frame.
- Choose your bike personality: drop-bar or flat-bar?
Your Own Bike $0 to about $350
for upgrades & repairs
- Very little initial investment, so you don't have to put off adventures while you wait for the perfect bike!
- Chances are the bike already fits you!
- Yes, it can! We have customers who have completed multi-day self-supported rides on bikes others would consider "clunkers". Pshaw!
- Don't skimp on safety.
Go-Anywhere Kona Rove Series $849-$3600
- Take touring off the pavement!
- Do-it-all bikes, built around a responsive frame, go from commuting on city streets, to gravel rides, to bikepacking overnights with ease.
- All-terrain wheelset with high-volume tires for versatility, durability and comforrt over the long haul.
- Plenty of mounting options for fenders, front and rear racks, water, and anything else you might want to take on your adventures.
- Did we mention colors?!
Kona Unit X $1299
- REALLY go off the beaten path with plus-size 27.5" tires, which offer plenty of low-tech suspension.
- Lightweight and resilient steel frame
- Agile and nimble on any singletrack
- Strong and comfortable for back-country bikepacking.
Made-To-Order, from about $2000
Get a bike made just for your needs and within your budget. We can help you set up a bike built around a resilient and supple chromoly steel frame, unmatched by any other material for comfort and durability, and hand-laced wheels.
- Highly customizable: choose everything from tire width to components, pedals, handlebar style and more for your own riding preference.
- Frames available by special order from Kona, Fyxation, Soma, Surly and more.
Kona Sutra $1399
- Absolutely classic, tour-ready bike right out of the box at an unbelievable price.
- Plush steel-frame for unsurpassed comfort over miles of riding.
- Brooks leather saddle, dual-rail rack, fenders and bar-end shifters are part of the package.
- Great for spontaneous overnights or long self-supported tours.
- Perfect multi-tasker: ride it to the office in the morning, ride off into the sunset after work!
Brompton, starting at $1200
- Go-anywhere adventure enabler!
- Fully integrated luggage, lighting and tool options available.
- Ride out your back door, or seamlessly combine with bus or train to extend your adventuring range.
- Great conversation-opener, so you can make friends wherever you go.